Thursday 13 May 2010

Creative kids...


After Tuesdays post about flower puzzle and enclosure schema, I suggested that I would probably do a little series on Schema. Just to remind me that children don't do what we expect and adapt activities in ways we don't even think of. Certainly many professionals are aversive to using templates for drawing around, but if it's initiated by child I say don't discourage!!

Another activity that does include an element of enclosure, putting pom-poms into a chocolate box. I had not intended the sorting of colours into lines, but I love it when kids spontaneously extend their own learning, as if they know exactly what they need. I guess montessori realised this, and also those who created a host of resources related to working with a child's schema.

And again, a child extends again. Think maybe flower related activities needed!!!
“And so we discovered that education is not something which the teacher does, but that it is a natural process which develops spontaneously in the human being.” Maria Montessori

No comments:

Post a Comment